Gratitude.
I am thankful for...
my childhood.
my family.
My wise, resourceful & tough-love daddy.
The relationship I used to have with my baby brother.
My mom for... for what it's worth.
I am thankful for...
growing up as a tomboy.
never truly being apart of a group.
going through many, many frenemies.
being an awkward youth.
learning at a young age what it takes to be independent and have no one but yourself.
I am thankful for...
the soul I was given.
my innate sense of responsibility.
the common sense that I possess, although it may not be much to some.
being looked up to & living the kind of life that will always allow me to say that.
feeling proud of the person that I am.
always caring and loving for and in spite of the people around me. Never giving up.
I am thankful for...
watching my Ugly Duckling story unfold.
growing into myself after high school. (better late than never!)
gaining confidence after many, many years of self-hate.
the genetics I was bestowed. (I am truly grateful. I sometimes forget how the world will treat you a certain way SPECIFICALLY because of the way you look. I'm grateful for what I look like and the pride I've finally acquired to display it.)
I am thankful for...
my friends.
Kayla. For being the nicest person I've ever met. My first actual friend who didn't care that I wasn't super pretty or normal.
Luanda. There's no other way to say it: she completes me. Together, I honestly think we could do anything.
Jordan. The heart of my world. The girl who can pick me up from anything & understand every problem. The girl who knows what's wrong when I'm trying to pretend like it isn't. My amazing listener. My soul sister.
Danielle. The girl who can always talk sense into anything I may be thinking. My passionate friend. The quietly caring spirit that has one hell of a front but is a total goober once she lets her wall down. My favorite play date.
Corinne. My sensitive princess. The girl who always surprises me when I least expect it. My runaway angel. Her loyalty should never be questioned; you've just got to understand she wears her heart on her sleeve. My hopeless romantic.
With these girls, I'm so grateful. Everything they've given me. Everything I've learned. For who they are. In spite of who they are. I wouldn't have it any other way. It may not be like this forever, but they have all made me the person I am today-- and they are considered of the highest honor in my life.
I am thankful for...
Oh, dear... my bitter-sweethearts.
I'm thankful for meeting two amazing guys.
And learning who I am.
Kisses aren't contracts.
I'm thankful for everything I've been given. I'm thankful for how truly lucky I am every day. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment